In order to be eligible, candidates have to accomplish with the following requirements:
- Candidates must have been awarded a PhD degree prior to the publication date of the final list of selected candidates (September 3rd 2018)
- Candidates are eligible for a period of 5 years following the award of the PhD degree at the publication date of the final list of selected candidates (September 3rd 2018). This limit will be extended in situations of documented career breaks such as maternity/paternity leave (up to 12 months per child), sick leave, forced displacement due to armed conflicts and military service for the necessary duration. Should an applicant hold more than one doctoral degree, this period will be counted from the first degree earned.
- Candidates of all nationalities are eligible. However, if they have resided or worked in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the publication date of the final list of selected candidates (September 3rd 2018)., they are not eligible. Short stays, such as holidays, will not be taken into account.
Please note that that for refugees under the Geneva Convention, the refugee procedure (i.e. before refugee status is conferred) will not be counted as ‘period of residence/activity’ in Spain.
- Candidates must be first author on at least one peer-reviewed publication at the time of the call deadline (April 30th 2018)
- Candidates must have an excellent command of the English language.
Candidates are allowed to apply for only one fellowship, as the fellowship cannot be held simultaneously with other fellowships of any kind. As such, fellows are expected to work regularly on their research project and regularly attend related scientific events, which implies full time dedication to the fulfillment of the research project. Other responsibilities than research, such as teaching, if minimal, can be carried out.